Who would have thunk it? I've just finished making yet another mess in the kitchen that I've repeatedly cleaned this weekend, I'm complaining about the sun NOT being out AGAIN, and I get an unexpected email from Jenni over at Flying on a Rainbow. She has nominated me for a Liebster Award. How freaking stoked am I? Pretty stoked! (so stoked that I may not continue complaining about the sun not being out today and the fact that I have a massive ear infection or something) If you have already checked out Jenni's blog, you should.. it's too cute for words! And thanks again for this Jenni, I appreciate ya!
Ok.. so there are a few rules for the Leibster Award and they are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.- List 10 facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with 200 followers or less and notify them that they've been nominated.
- Ask the nominees 10 questions for them to answer on their own blog.
1) I have OCD when it comes to bathrooms. I will not use the bathroom in someone's house if their toilet is dirty and I don't like cleaning ours. Rob usually does that-- I will pour bleach or pine sol in it and holler for him to clean it, but that's it. Usually I'm the same when it comes to the shower too!
2) Growing up, I never saw my parents show affection. Maybe, and that's a BIG maybe.. I saw them hug once or twice but that's it. They have been happily married for 37 years (I may be a year off) and never argue. They are responsible for my old fashion beliefs.
3) I love candles but it seems like each one I get (Rob gets me or people give me) is a cheap candle.. maybe from a Dollar store or something and it burns out quickly and doesn't smell very strong. Seriously though.. who really has $20 or more to spend on a candle though-- so I get it, totally!
4) As of October 2012, my sense of smell has been completely ruined. Sometimes I cannot smell at all, others I smell a foul smell. This is the result of falling from a moving vehicle and having a brain bleed. The bleed "fixed itself" and the whole smell thing was diagnosed as Cacosmia (the perception of foul odor or stench when none exists. In most instances the condition results from Psychologic factors, as in olfactory hallucinations that occur during certain psychoses, although it may be caused by a brain lesion).
5) My biggest fear is that I will never be able to have another child-- one that I will get to watch grow up, hear it's first giggles, be a sport mom, PTA mom, watch graduate, brag about, and complain about.
6) Most of the time, I think that I am one of the funniest people on Earth and am convinced that if you spent some time with me.. you might agree.
7) I love old people. I will talk to them in stores, help them in possible, and enjoy listening to their stories-- BUT.. they have to be strangers! I'm not interested in any more of my family stories because chances are, I've heard them before.
8) I am a leader.. not a follower. Put me in a position of authority and I will get stuff done but we will have fun doing it and be NUMBER ONE at what we do.
9) Someday I wish I could not see myself as a 400lb obese slob. I would like to see myself as the attractive, person that has WORTH! I wish I wasn't ashamed of the flap of excess skin on my arms or on my stomach and when I make jokes about "earning it" that I would totally believe it.
10) I don't mind that my best friend pees in the pool at our Condo or at my Parent's house. We laugh about it and probably always will.
Questions from Jenni
1. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Neither Rob nor I can remember the last movie we saw-- we are always renting Redbox movies and the last one we got was The Call with Halle Berry and as I type this we are watching Paul (it's about the alien and Seth Rogan does the voice--pretty funny).
2. How many countries have you visited?
Just one.. Canada! I spent a month in Regina, Sask. Drove all the way from Pensacola, FL to Regina in a Minivan with my friend and two toddlers-- one of them was teething. Quite lovely. I came back with a tattoo and learned a new word, "eh".
3. What is the one character trait you are most proud of about yourself?
Compassion! I honestly feel that my capacity for understanding or empathy for the suffering of others is incredible. I would contribute th at to being obese all throughout childhood and my teen years but also to the death of my son. I am extremely passionate about helping other Bereaved parents and know that it takes a special person.. I'm perfect for the job!
4. What TV shows do you never miss?
Never miss? I will NEVER miss Dr. Phil or the Steve Harvey show. My mother used to be addicted Dr. Phil and it was always on when I was around for some reason-- ew!
5. What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
Every Christmas season I would watch The Sound of Music. I love that movie and know every word and song by heart. Also, spending summers at my Grandparent's farm.. we would get up in the morning, get eggs from the chicken pen.. cook them for breakfast, do our chores, fish in the pond for catfish, and cook them for dinner. It was a great time!
6. Who is the one person you are closest to?
It's a tie between my Mom and my best friend Raven. We have been friends for 13 years and she has been through thick and thin with me. We have our own language, have never argued or fought, and we are just like sisters. If it wasn't for her-- I don't know what life would be like!
7. What is your favourite season?
Living in Pensacola, FL.. we really don't have seasons. Don't get me wrong, it get cold here but I've never seen snow in 32 years of my life. It's hella humid during the summer so I would say that I enjoy May, June, and July. Mainly because you can go to the beach and the pool and work on your tan. However, being able to put on sweaters and jeans, that's pretty nice. When I move to Alaska, I will be able to answer this better!
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always worked with animals.. in fact, when I was 13, I volunteered at a horse farm every weekend. In the 8th grade I started volunteering at an animal hospital and working with the Zoo fostering baby squirrels, etc. It was fun and I learned a lot.
9. What makes you happy when you feel down?
Music. Music has the power to enlighten you, to raise you up, and to motivate you. I was raised around music and love all genres-- it never fails to help! On the other hand, a good beer, good friend, and some good laughs are always helpful!!
10. Why do you have a blog?
I'm a published writer.. I kept a journal after Miller (my son) passed away. I ended up having parts of that journal published and haven't written in one since. I always liked writing but wasn't one to keep private thoughts written down. I am a very open person though and a tell it like it is person as well. When I was working my last job, the boss man was a grade A procrastinator. I would literally get paid to sit at my desk for nine hours a day and do about four or five different tasks. I didn't want to be on facebook all day so I started checking out blogs and such. I thought-- I can do this. I really enjoy reading them and documenting stuff-- having something to participate in and chatting/meeting other awesome people. It's not a matter of how many people follow me.. I just like having a fun hobby.
My Nominees Are:
My Ten Questions for my Nominees:
1) How did you choose the name of your blog?
2) If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
3) What is your biggest fear?
4) If you could change your first name, what would you change it to and why?
5) If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
6) What is something you learned in the last week?
7) What song motivates you the most?
8) What's one thing you totally suck at?
9) Which bad habits drive you crazy?
10) Name one thing not many people know about you.